Monday, April 4, 2011

Play dough Recipe: Make It At Home!

And here we go with spring break, can I have a few moments of quiet sanity with two little boys in my house? The answer is probably no, unless...play dough! I save the novelty of it for rainy days, vacations and when I have a hangover. So when I break it out, my little guys think it is a super special occasion, and that's a good thing that will keep them occupied for hours.

Ingredients:
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons cream of tartar
2 cups water
1 cup salt
2 tablespoons oil
food coloring (I never use it, and the kids are still happy)

Make it!
In a saucepan combine water, a few drops of food coloring (optional) and oil. Combine flour, salt and cream of tartar, add to the saucepan. Cook over low heat until it sticks together. Leave to cool and knead. Store in zip lock bags for months at a time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment