Thursday, March 31, 2011

My Favorite Spicy Hummus Recipe

Ingredients:

2 cloves of garlic
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1-3 teaspoons of red chili pepper (I like it spicy, but you can omit this altogether if you don't)
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1 16 oz. can of chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
2 or 3 tablespoons of the liquid from the chick peas
3 or 4 tablespoons of lemon juice
1 1/2 tablespoons tahini OR 2 teaspoons of peanut butter (I actually prefer the peanut butter)

Preparation:
Drain chickpeas and set aside liquid from the can. Combine remaining ingredients in your blender or  processor, add the liquid from the chickpeas little by little until it is the consistency you like and blend until smooth. Serve room temperature or chilled. I like to serve it with all the veggies I can get my hands on and pita bread cut into triangles. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment