Tuesday, June 14, 2011

(no) Fork You Nachos Recipe



If you know me, then you know that I am a no nonsense type in the kitchen. I want to know the exact measurements, the exact temp. for baking and the EXACT everything so that I can actually make what I am trying to make! But sometimes there is no need for that and you just go with the flow and create something yummy, like some nachos that are delish and bite size and perfect for a party with your gal pals ( yes, I just used that term) or an at home party night with your hubby or bubby (Nacho Libre comes to mind as a good movie choice). Did I mention it's reduced calorie and fat, also vegetarian? But my super hunky cook book buddy Rocco Dispirito, came up with the most of this, so now eat this!
1. Preheat oven to 425.
2. Line baking sheet with foil, place the Baked Tostitos Scoops chips (scoop side up, makes sense) on the sheet.
3. Use a spoon and put some vegetarian refried beans in the scoops (fill only about 1/3 of the way) then sprinkle a small handful of reduced fat Mexican style grated cheese.
4. Bake in oven about 5-8 min. or until cheese is melted.
5. Now add the following according to your preferences: diced tomatos or salsa, nonfat greek yogurt, cilantro, hot sauce (tapatio!!!) and sliced pickled jalapenos.
       No fork necessary, just bit sized goodness. P. S. A big thanks to Zach for lots of help in the taste testing and naming and picture process.

No comments:

Post a Comment